Tuesday 8 February 2011

A blog about... necklaces?

A random topic maybe, but I've been feeling sentimental today, and I've decided to blog about my necklaces.

Yep, necklaces.

Several years ago, when I was still a some-what closet nerd (before I learnt the true wonders of geeking and convention going) I used to express my love of something, mainly Harry Potter, through a necklace.

Necklaces are beautiful, but very easy to hide or display as you please... they are also something that is not obvious, which to my young and embarrassed self was very important, but also something that is close to the heart.

That sounds cornier than I intended. :/ 

Because of this, now at nineteen I will rarely wear a necklace that does not have a specific meaning attached to it.

Here are my three dearest necklaces:



'A'
My 'A' necklace is the same one as worn my Karen Gillan as Amy Pond.
From this blog you will know that Amy means a lot to me... but I wear this more than just when costuming as Amy.
This necklace represents the side of me that I have discovered through costuming as Amy, a side that is confident in herself and not plagued by the insecurities that Lisa is... well, mostly.

Key
My gold Tiffany key is by far the most valuable piece of jewelry I have ever owned. I was given it by my parents for my 18th birthday. It represents my family, and my move to university.
It signifies success to me, this was given to me at a time where my hard work paid off so it serves to remind me of that work and the light at the end of the tunnel.

HP
This one has to be obvious... this is my solid silver Harry Potter logo necklace which I found on ebay about 3 years ago and haven't really seen since.
(I wish I had it in gold, but that was crazy expensive at the time, and this was about £30)
Obviously, the largest aspect of my live is my love of Harry Potter. This is the first necklace that made me discover my love of meaningful jewelry. I bought it at a time when I kept my geekyness to myself, so this necklace was my small way of showing my love of HP.

I have many others... such as my Philosophers Stone book and my Twilight heart (which, even though I am no longer a twilight fan means a lot as twilight introduced me to conventions).

They each have a huge sentimental value to me, and show my true self.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment