Monday 25 October 2010

Thinking about Nerdishness

Right now, I really wish I was a vlogger.

(+ I'm really tempted to start vlogging)

Why? Because I just watched Charlieissocoollike (yes, like many other teenage girls I subscribe to Charlie's channel, shoot me) Nerd-off video and it's made me realise just how much of a Nerd I truly am.

And I love it. <3

Here comes a list:
1) Harry Potter. 
Plain and simple. I am one of the biggest HP Fangirls out there, and if I could I would discuss HP 24/7 I would be living a very happy life. 
At present, I own  over 70 copies of the Harry Potter books. And I want to double my collection by this time next year.
I've been to a HP convention. It was the best weekend of my life. Hands down.
I listen to the audio books every day.
Leaky is my homepage.
I listen to PotterCast.
My aim in life is to meet JKR.
I'm going to the DH premier to try and complete this aim.
If I can get her to autograph my upper arm, I will get it tattooed.
I have 4 HP tattoos planned... but I have a needle-phobia so they might have to wait. :(
My original PS, the diary I kept whilst reading DH for the first time and my original PS movie poster are 3 of my most prized possessions.
I would never give up Harry Potter for anyone.
2) Disney
I'm also a disney fangirl. If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is book to spend the week before Christmas in Disneyland.
3) Doctor Who
Do I really need to say that I'm a Dr Who fan? I'm also a Pond costumer, as I've said... that's gotta put me up on the Nerd front.
I'm also a fan of Chameleon Circuit... and also adore Charlie's rendition of The Big Bang 2.
4) Using quotes from HP, Doctor Who etc in everyday conversation makes me smile.
(Especially when nobody notices... or when someone does and starts a nerd-based conversation)
5) I subscribe to many 'famous' vloggers on YouTube
(But I have yet to start vlogging myself)
6) Friends
What can I say? I'm a 90's kid.
7) I met my best friend online. Because of Harry Potter.
And not only my best friend, I've made dozens of amazing friends due to being a Nerd. Online, at conventions etc. They are amazing, and they understand me.
8) Conventions in general
Not only have I been to a Harry Potter conventions, but I've also been to:
Two Twilight cons (Don't judge me... I was young)
A True Blood Convention
LFCC 2010
And, thus far, 4 (I think) Dr Who events as Pond.
They are amazing and I just wish I had the money to go to more of them.
9) Musicals
I can recite every word from Les Miserables...
And Wicked.
And most of RENT.
And Avenue Q.
And The Lion King (here we combine musical love with Disney love to make AWESOME).
10) Cricket
Here I'm not super-nerdy... but I do adore Cricket and my Christmas present this year is a membership to Warwickshire County Cricket Club. <3

I think I'll stop there... there is probably much more about me that is Nerdy that I've forgotten to add. 

See why I want to vlog about this? I would totally win the Nerd-off.

fin.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment